Welcome to the official website of Bangladesh Police Academy
The Bangladesh Police Academy is the apex training institution of the Bangladesh Police. It is responsible to provide holistic knowledge, skill and attitude in policing to produce high quality police officer that is knowledgeable, competent and professional. To achieve this mission, the Academy designs and delivers a series of need based training curricula at basic, in-service and specialized levels/courses to address and meet the needs and demands of modern policing as well as policing challenges of the globalized world.
- To introduce the trainees with the criminal justice system and contemporary laws, rules and regulations.
- To introduce practicing discipline and develop sound physical and mental ability.
- To give basic idea and develop expertise regarding investigation, public safety, traffic control, public order management, weapon handling, and community policing.
- To develop leadership.
BPA at a Glance
- Established in July 1912
- Stands on 142.66 acres of land at Sardah under Charghat Police Station of Rajshahi District.
- Emerged as the apex police training institution in Bangladesh.
- Principal (Additional Inspector General of Police), is the chief executive of the Academy.
- Imparts Basic Training to all three kinds of entry level officers—ASPs, SIs/Sergeants & Constables.
- Imparts In-service Training to Police Officers of different ranks.
- Arranges national & international courses, workshops & training programs.
- Accommodation with modern facilities.
- Campus with scenic beauty.
- The first and oldest of its kind in the Indian Sub-Continent.